Getting Things Done Better Faster
DOES IT FEEL LIKE YOUR TEAMS TAKE MORE TIME AND BUDGET THAN PLANNED TO GET YOUR STRATEGIC INITIATIVES IMPLEMENTED?
The natural approach to tackling a strategic initiative is to ensure that robust business processes and systems are in place to enable the required work, build detailed work plans, appoint a team and establish precise timetables (a la Gantt charts) and KPIs. But all this is done…. And then after many months, the product is sub-optimal.
We first work with you to identify the most critical success factors of your change strategy. It might be a problem with process, structure, communication, or training. But being focused helps a lot.
We then take the pulse of your organization’s culture and profile the leadership teams that are working on your strategies to ensure that their mindsets, behaviours, skills and competencies are a good match for the challenges of execution.
The insights we have gleaned about success factors, your culture and your people enable us to quickly move to deploy agile methodologies to accelerate implementation. Agile is not just for IT projects: it is all about creative and adaptive teamwork to solve complex, strategic, non-recurring problems.
Agile methodologies help you:
- Accelerate project velocity by moving quickly and failing fast
- Measure, learn, adapt as you move along with frequent validations
- Engage your people and develop your talent as part of empowered, cross-functional teams
- Build alignment across departments via cross-functional collaboration
In our work with leaders to help them accomplish the “big things” we have learned that:
- More than 70 percent of strategic initiatives fail due to a lack of focus on the real drivers of strategy – the mindsets and behaviours of your people
- Cultures (i.e., mindsets and behaviours) can be measured. And we know that what can be measured can be guided